And if this year you made yourself your cake Kings? Simple, fast and economical, this recipe will delight all gourmets! Who will have the bean?
- 2 puff pastries
- 100 g of almond powder
- 75 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g of soft butter
- a few drops of almond extract
- 1 egg yolk to brown the cake
- 1 bean!
- Arrange a dough in a pie plate and prick it with a fork.
- Mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl. Spread the contents of the bowl over the dough and add the bean (on one edge, to minimize the chances of falling on it by cutting the cake!).
- Close the cake with the second paste and stick the edges well. Draw knife designs on top and brown with egg yolk (diluted in a little water). Drill the top of small holes to allow air to escape, otherwise it may swell and dry out.
- Bake your cake at 210 ° C (th 7) for about 30 minutes. Let a little cool and enjoy!
Where does the tradition of the galette des rois come from?
• Celebrated the first Sunday of January, the Epiphany commemorates the visit of the three Magi, Melchior, Gaspard and Balthazar who came to bring gifts to the baby Jesus: myrrh, incense and gold. It is customary for the youngest in the family to slip under the table to designate who will have what share. In each galette, a bean is hidden. He who eats the portion containing the bean is declared king ... and chooses his queen.
Galette with frangipane
Galette with speculos
Video: Fimo paste beans
Brioche of Kings
Epiphany: the quiz
Video: draw a crown