For your toddler, sleeping is a primary function. That is why it is essential to respect his rhythm, while facilitating the installation of his sleep.
- Your baby spends a lot of time sleeping (more than sixteen hours in the case of a newborn baby!), So he needs a comfortable bed or cradle, in which he will recognize his smell , familiar colors, his mobile ...
- Avoid changing the bed unless you have to go on a weekend, for example. Take his little folding bed, in which he will get used to sleep during family getaways.
Let him cry
- It often happens that once your baby is in bed, it will take time to fall asleep. He will probably find sleep after a few crying.
- Do not rush to hug him, but make sure nothing is bothering him. Sing him a lullaby, whisper a little story ... he should fall asleep fast enough.
Learn him at night
- Keeping the day longer, he sleeps more at night. You must therefore differentiate between daytime feedings and late-night feedings. It takes time for your baby to adjust to the day-night rhythm.
- Daily sounds, music, light ... the atmosphere of the day should awaken your baby while that of the night must soothe, especially if you accompany the bedding of a number of rituals: put in pajamas, bedtime immediately after his burp, turn off the light and wish him good night!
All our articles Baby sleep
Good actions to put baby to sleep? Our video