Once upon a time there was a monstrously shy monster who was in love ... with a witch! To make his statement, he decided to give him a gift. Yes, but which one? A story full of twists.
- Once upon a time there was a monster named Gronigul, who was very proud to be so monstrous. Gronigul, however, had a monstrous problem: he was in love with the witch Podlezar. That she was bewitching, the witch Podlezar, with her long hair sticky like cobwebs and her little green eyes like viper's eyes!
- Unfortunately, Gronigul was also monstrously shy. And he had never dared to ask the witch Podlezar if she would be his darling fiancée.
- One morning, Gronigul decides: he will talk to Podlezar. On the way he picks a monstrous bunch of sharp nettles and sharp thistles. Podlezar will surely love this bouquet. Gronigul arrives in front of the witch's house. The windows see Gronigul arrive and the door asks, "Who are you from, where do you come from, what do you want?"
- Gronigul replies, "Uh ... I'm coming to offer the bewitching witch Podlezar, uh ... this monstrous little bouquet. "
- " Find another giftsaid the door. For example ... an escarzotte! Podlezar has always dreamed of strolling on the back of escarzébrot. "Gronigul drops his bouquet and he goes away. He is monstrously upset : how to capture an escarzotte? These beasts run so fast! He decides to go to the river at night, at a time when the escargots are going to drink.
- At the edge of the river, Gronigul hides behind the reeds, and he waits. He does not wait long: here are three escarzots arriving and who plunge their long noses into the water. Hop! With a bound, Gronigul jumps on the back of the biggest. The escarbrot raises his horn with one eye at the end to see what has jumped on his back.
- When he sees the monstrous head of Gronigul, the escarzotte is terrified. He jumps, jumps, shakes, jumps. The escarzbroth runs through meadows, across fields, through woods. Gronigul clings, but he slips, he slips on the smooth shell. He is about to fall ! He falls ! He fell ! The escarzotte has already disappeared.
- It missed ! Podlezar will not have his present.
The following ? Click here !
A story written by Marie-Hélène Delval, illustrated by David Parkins, published in the magazine Belles histoires, Bayard jeunesse.